No dial tone at all from fax machine
- If you have no dial tone at all, please try to make a normal call to any other number to make sure that your line is working.
- If you cannot make a normal call, check that your phone line is connected to the phone and to the fax machine and that both are switched on.
- If everything checks ok, but you still cannot make a call, please contact the service provider (Telkom, Neotel, Vodacom, MTN, Cell-C, Virgin Mobile) to report a fault with your line.
No dial tone from fax machine but the telephone does have dial tone
- If your phone has dial tone, but your fax machine does not, then it is possible that the fax machine is disconnected or is faulty.
- Check to see if the fax machine has power, then check that the phone cable is connected to correct slot on the fax machine.
Posted in: Cannot send faxes to 086 numbers